The Iowa Mountain Bike Championship Series (IMBCS) has 11 races this year.
Click here for information about the series, guidelines, race categories, etc.
CVAST is proud to announce the Fifth Annual George Wyth Mountain Bike Race (GWMBT), taking place Sunday, August 14th as part of the Iowa Mountain Bike Championship Series.
The GWMTB Race is held in beautiful George Wyth state park, uniquely situated within the Cedar Falls/Waterloo metropolitan area. Families can enjoy all the experiences of camping and the great outdoors, but still be within arms reach of shopping, dining, and the city’s entertainment.
To check out everything George Wyth State Park has to offer and to reserve a campsite visit click here.
The GWMTB Race features a wide array of classes for all age and ability levels. Kids 18 and under race free!
Here are the details from 2015:
Open to all skill levels with the kid’s race starting out the day, and then moving to CAT 3/Novice/Junior, which is open to anyone with a helmet and bike. Want to try out mountain biking for the first time; this is the race for you.
The afternoon events start with the pros, CAT 1 and Comp starting at 12:00pm. Then CAT 2 Sport classes will head out.
• Cash prizes for CAT 1 male and female SWAG for the rest, courtesy of Europa Cycle and Ski, Bike Tech and The Runners Flat.
• Food provided for the racers courtesy of Doughy Joey's Peetza Joynt
• Coffee provided for the racers courtesy of Sidecar Coffee Roasters
• Beverage tasting provided by Single Speed Brewing
• Kids face painting provided by Cory’s Painting
Helmet and bike required!
Cost, $30 - Kids race FREE
Sunday, August 16th
• 9:30 am Kids Race
• 10:00 am CAT 3 Novice Men/Women
• 10:00 am Junior Men/Women
• 12:00 pm CAT 1 Men
• 12:05 pm COMP Men
• 12:10 pm CAT 1 Women
• 12:10 pm CAT 2 Sport Men/Women