George Wyth Mountain Bike Race 2018
The Cedar Valley Association for Soft Trails (CVAST) is proud to announce the Sixth Annual George Wyth Mountain Bike Race, taking place Saturday, August 11th . IMBCS #8
The GWMTB Race is held in beautiful George Wyth state park, uniquely situated within the Cedar Falls/Waterloo metropolitan area. Families can enjoy all the experiences of camping and the great outdoors, but still be within arms reach of shopping, dining, and the city’s entertainment.
The Iowa Mountain Bike Championship Series (IMBCS) has 9 races this year.
Click here for information about the series, guidelines, race categories, etc.
Helmet and bike required!
Kids race FREE
Juniors (18 and under) Race for free
Saturday, August 11th
• 9:30 am Kids Race
• 10:00 am CAT 3 Novice Men/Women
• 10:05 am Junior Boys/Girls
• 12:00 pm CAT 1 Men
• 12:05 pm COMP Men
• 12:10 pm CAT 1 Women
• 12:15 pm CAT 2 Sport Men/Women
Register for the event here!
To check out everything George Wyth State Park has to offer and to reserve a campsite visit.
The GWMTB Race features a wide array of classes for all age and ability levels. Open to all skill levels with the kid’s race starting out the day, and then moving to CAT 3/Novice/Junior, which is open to anyone with a helmet and bike. Want to try out mountain biking for the first time; this is the race for you.
The afternoon events start with the pros, CAT 1 and Comp will start taking off at 12:00pm. Then CAT 2 Sport classes will head out. The GWMTB is part of the Iowa Mountain Bike Championship Series. http://imbcs.org/
• Cash prizes for CAT 1 male and female SWAG for the rest, courtesy of Europa Cycle and Ski, Bike Tech and The Runners Flat.
• Food provided for the racers courtesy of Doughy Joey's Peetza Joynt
• Coffee provided for the racers courtesy of Sidecar Coffee Roasters
• Beverage tasting provided by Single Speed Brewing